Welcome to the Town of Gibson!

The area known today as the Town of Gibson was initially part of Two Rivers from 1850 to 1852.  In 1852 it was separated from Two Rivers and became a portion of the Town of Mishicot.  In November, 1858 the Town of Gibson was organized as a separate town.  With water power being prevalent due to the various rivers and creeks, several mills existed that manufactured lumber, flour, etc. 

The town was named by Darius Peck in honor of his home he left behind in Gibson, Pennsylvania.

The Town of Gibson is located in the northern portion of Manitowoc County.  The town encompasses an area of approximately 35 square miles or 22,603 acres.  Interstate Highway 43 is less than a mile west of the town, while STH 147 is a major highway that dissects the town, traveling east/west.  Significant water features that meander through the town include the East and West Twin Rivers, Neshota River, and Jambo Creek.

 

 

Town Board meetings are held monthly, normally on the first Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall located at 14920 County Road Q, Mishicot, Wisconsin.

Notices are posted at Gibson Town Hall, Gibson Recycling Center and the Melnik Presbyterian Church.

 


Calendar of Events

July
Jul 24, 2017, Mon 06:00pm
August
Aug 07, 2017, Mon 07:00pm
September
Sep 04, 2017, Mon 07:00pm
October
Oct 02, 2017, Mon 07:00pm
November
Nov 06, 2017, Mon 07:00pm
View: Election Date for February 2018